IIIT Bhubneshwar (IIIT-BH) M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering Admission 2013
The IIITBH M.Tech Entrance Examination 2013 for admission into Computer Science & Engineering program is scheduled between13th -19th May 2013. The candidates who have Valid GATE Percentile 75 or higher are exempted from written entrance test. The IITHBH will notify exact date and time of entrance examination to test aspirants through email.
The same information will also be published on official website of IIITBH. The course is approved from All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and degree will be awarded by Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT). The programmes aims to develop professionals suitable for higher needs of the Industry and Academics. The programmes aim to develop problem solving skills, learnability, multiskilling and multitasking abilities and spirit of enquiry and adventure. Besides, these programmes also emphasize on collaboration and teamwork, human relation skills and attitude.
Eligibility Requirements for appearing in IIITBH entrance examination and admission into M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering 2013
- Candidates should possess either or more of the following qualifications:
- B.Tech/B.E from any recognized universities in any discipline
- M.C.A from any recognized university
- M.Sc.(Computer Science)/ M.Sc.(Electronics)/ M.Sc.(Mathematics)/ M.Sc (Statistics)/ M.Sc. (Physics)
- Any Equivalence of the above (Recognized by Govt. of India/ Govt. of Orissa)
How to Apply for IIITBH M.Tech Computer Computer Science & Engineering 2013 Entrance Exam?
- Visit the website www.iiit-bh.ac.in to apply on line for the M.Tech. (Computer Science &
- Engineering) Programme. Please note that only on-line application is accepted. The draft
- has to be kept ready at the time of filling the online application form, since the draft number has to be entered in the application form.
- The draft/pay order of Rs.1000.00 (Rupees one thousand only) should be made favouring
- “IIIT Bhubaneswar” drawn by any scheduled bank payable at Bhubaneswar.
- Click on the link given in the website for admission.
- Enter Your name and e-mail id, so that an email will be sent to your e-mail id for enabling you to fill the form.
- Click on the link given in the e-mail sent by our system.
- Carefully fill in all the relevant fields of the blank application form which include the draft details.
- Submit the form by clicking the button "Submit". On successful submission, the next screen shall display the message Data saved. You will need the link sent to your e-mail id, as well as the e-mail id entered by you to subsequently log in to our system and perform any or more of the following:
- Edit your application and resubmit if required.
- Print your application by clicking on the print button.
- The e-mail sent by our system should be carefully preserved by you. You shall need it for
- subsequent steps.
- Keep on visiting our Website to view important announcements regarding the admission
- You are required to send the following by speed post/hand delivery so as to reach IIIT
- Bhubaneswar latest by 30th April 2013.
- Printed copy of the application form submitted on line
- A recent passport size photograph, pasted on the application form.
- The draft/pay order of Rs.1000.00 (Rupees one thousand only).Please write your name
- and application id on the back of the draft.
You can verify the receipt of the draft by IIIT Bhubaneswar.
Your admit card will be sent to you through e-mail, once your draft has been received by IIIT Bhubaneswar. You are required to paste your photograph in the space provided in the admit card and bring the same for the entrance test. (You shall paste the copy of the same photograph already sent along with the copy of the on line application form).
IIITBH M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering 2013 Entrance Exam Test Dates, Exam Centers and Exam Timings
The entrance test shall be conducted in seven places*: Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai,
Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai. The candidates are required to give at least 3
choices of the places for Entrance Test in order of preference. The entrance test will be held during the week (13th -19th May 2013). The exact venue, date & time shall be sent to you by e-mail. The same information shall also be available to you in the website.
GATE Candidates exempted from Entrance Exam
Candidates possessing valid GATE (CS/IT) score of more than 75 percentile are exempt from entrance test. However they will have to apply on-line and pay the application fee mentioned in the How to Apply section and appear for the interview. They may at their option appear for entrance test as well. In such case the score of the entrance test shall supersede the GATE score for the purpose of evaluation and the GATE score shall not be considered.
Interview for IIITBH M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering Admission 2013
Based on the performance in the entrance test, the interview of the short-listed candidates will be conducted on the same day and may continue for the next day if necessary.
Final Selection to IIITBH M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering Admission 2013
- The final selection shall be based on the candidates’ performance in the following:
- Performance in the Entrance Test/ GATE score (The absolute percentage of marks secured in the GATE shall be considered).
- Performance in the interview.
- Career Marks.
The selected candidates shall be informed by mail. The same information shall also be available to you in the website.
The test shall be held in the above said centers subject to minimum number of candidates otherwise the students will be asked to appear the test in the nearest center.
IIIT Bhubaneswar Placement Information
The Indian Institute of Information Technology Bhubaneswar (IIITBH) has included industry interaction in its curriculum. Under the program industry leaders, technology experts, innovators and entrepreneurs interact with IIITBH students and share rich experience and expertise. The program helps students in knowing the real industry environment and prepares them to be better technocrat. The institute has best Campus Placement facilities where industry meets students and recruits them for services. Past batch of IIITBH students has already placed successfully across various industries.
International Institute of Information Technology, Bhubaneswar
Gothapatna, Po. Malipada, Bhubaneswar – 751003, India
Tel. : 0674-3016005, Fax : 0674 - 3016009
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://www.iiit-bh.ac.in
Test Pattern IIIT Bhubaneswar Syllabus For M.Tech. (CSE) Entrance Examination 20131. All the questions will be of multiple choice types.
2. The weightage
distribution of the questions is as per follows:
(a) English: 15%
(b) Computer Science: 60%
(c) Mathematics: 25%
3. There will be NEGATIVE marking for the wrong answers.
4. The duration of the written test will be of 1 hour.
5. The respective test centers for examination will be communicated to the candidates based upon their choice and viability
IIIT Bhubaneswar Syllabus For M.Tech. (CSE) Entrance Examination 2013
The IIIT Bhubaneswar For M.Tech. (CSE) Entrance Examination 2013 shall test you in following areas-
Vocabulary, comprehension etc.
Digital Logic: Logic functions, Minimization, Design and synthesis of combinational and sequential circuits; Number representation and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).
Programming and Data Structures: Programming in C and C++; Functions, Recursion, Parameter passing, Scope, Binding; Abstract data types, Arrays, Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary search trees, Binary heaps.
Algorithms: Analysis, Asymptotic notation, Notions of space and time complexity, Worst and average case analysis; Design: Greedy approach, Dynamic programming, Divide and conquer; Tree and graph traversals, Connected components, Spanning trees, Shortest
paths; Hashing, Sorting, Searching. Asymptotic analysis (best, worst, average cases) of
time and space, upper and lower bounds, Basic concepts of complexity classes P, NP,
Operating System: Processes, Threads, Interprocess communication, Concurrency, Synchronization, Deadlock, CPU scheduling, Memory management and virtual memory, I/O systems.
Databases: ERmodel, Relational model (relational algebra, tuple calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms), Query languages (SQL), File structures
(sequential files, indexing, B and B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control.
Computer Networks: ISO/OSI stack, LAN technologies (Ethernet, Token ring), Flow and error control techniques, Routing algorithms, Congestion control, TCP/UDP and sockets, IP(v4), Application layer protocols (icmp, dns, smtp, pop, ftp, http); Basic concepts of hubs, switches, gateways, and routers.
Mathematical Logic: Propositional Logic; First Order Logic.
Probability & Statistics: Conditional Probability; Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation; Random Variables; Distributions; uniform, normal, exponential, Poisson, Binomial.
Set Theory & Algebra: Sets; Relations; Functions; Groups; Partial Orders; Lattice; Boolean Algebra.
Combinatorics: Permutations; Combinations; Counting; Summation; generating functions; recurrence relations.
Calculus: Limit, Continuity & differentiability, Mean value Theorems, Theorems of integral calculus, evaluation of definite & improper integrals, Partial derivatives, Total
derivatives, maxima & minima.