- Chairman of Peoples Republic of China > Mao-Tse-Tung
- President of the Chinese Republic > Dr. Sun Yat Sen
- President of USA > George Washington
- Chinese Traveller to India > Fahein
- Foreign Invader to India > Alexander the Great
- Person to reach South Pole > Amudsen
- Person to reach North Pole > Robert Pearey
- Person in Space > Yuri Gagarin
- Person on Moon > Neil Armstrong
- Lady to Climb Mount Everst > Junko Taibei
- European to visit China > Marco Polo
- Place where atom bomb was dropped > Hiroshima
- Man to walk in Space > Alexei Leonov
- Women cosmonaut in Space > Valentina Tereshkova
- Woman Prime Minister of a country > Mrs. Srimavo Bhandarnaike
- Women President of a country > Maria Estela Peron
- First north-south crossing of Australia Burke, Robert O'Hana (1860-1861)
- First sea journey around the world > Magellan
- First unmanned spaceship to have softlanded and lifted off from moon to return to the earth > Luna-16 (USSR) Sep. 21, 1970
- First space vehicle to land on the moon > Lunar Exploration Module (LEM) nicknamed 'Eagle'
- First space ship which carried three American Astronauts to land two of them to moon > Apollo-11
- First country to send man to moon > USA
- First space rocket brought back to earth after orbiting the moon > Zond-5
- First crew transfer between the orbiting space ship > Soyuz T-15 with Mir Space Station
- First mission of a ling-up in space by manned space ships of USA and Soviet Union > Apollo-Soyuj Test Project Mission (ASTP)
- First man to fly into space belonging to a country other than Russia or the USA > Remek (Czechoslovakia)
- First country to send nuclear powered space craft to explore Jupiter > USA
- First Country to launch earth satellite or artificial baby moon > USSR
- First spaceship in the world to sample moon's crust > Surveyor-3 (USA)
- First space vehicle to soft land on moon > Luna 9 (USSR)
- First manned spaceship to perforn the longest stay in space (11 days) > Apollo 7 (USA)
- First vessel ever to reach the North Pole by sailing through the thick Arctic ice > Soviet Arktika Atomic-powered (ice-breaker)
- First cross word puzzle in the world was published > By London Sunday Express
- First country to issue stamps > Britain
- First demonstration of motion picture was held at > Paris
- First animated colour cartoon of full feature length > Snow white and seven dwarfs
- First country that brings out the FIAT > Italy
- First spaceworthy Space Shuttle in NASA's orbital fleet > Colombia
Wednesday, November 29, 2017
GK: First in World
Submit your Career Questions below!
Writing college application is no more only pen and paper based work. Smartphones have changed everything so the way you write college appl...
Graduate Programmes are highly helpful to achieve next level of success. Whether applying for a New Job, Mid Career Change or to improve sk...
Canada is a promising destination to pursue MBA, Under Graduate/Post Graduate Business Programmes and EMBA etc. Here given List of Business ...
Denmark is a promising destination to pursue MBA, Under Graduate/Post Graduate Business Programmes and EMBA etc. Here given List of Business...
Germany is a promising destination to pursue MBA, Under Graduate/Post Graduate Business Programmes and EMBA etc. Here given List of Business...