The QS World University Ranking is measure of excellence of universities. The company behind QS World University Ranking is Quacquarelli Symonds (QS). This is British Company but has offices world over.
The company measures academic excellence of Universities across the globe on following parameters
- Academic peer review - Weightage 40% (Based on an internal global academic survey)
- Faculty/Student ratio - Weightage 20% (A measurement of teaching commitment
- Citations per faculty - Weightage 20% (A measurement of research impact)
- Employer reputation - Weightage 10% (Based on a survey on graduate employers)
- International student ratio - Weightage 5% (A measurement of the diversity of the student community)
- International staff ratio - Weightage 5% (A measurement of the diversity of the academic staff)