Get this space for $50/Month

Re-Take Class 12th Board

Q. I did poorly in class 12th Board Examination. Should I take one more year and retake the exam to improve my grade? With such low marks I cannot get admission to any good college. Help.

Ans. First congratulations that you cleared the class 12th board exam, perhaps soon you are going to be eligible to get a driving license.
I understand your disappointment, you are felling bad now in the company of friends. And you are facing unhappy parents too.
You are most talked topic in relatives house.
So here your popularity graph is rising but for how long, only for few days, then it will return to a normal cycle.
The pain point is admission to a good college, right? But incidentally I know only about better colleges and better colleges recruit better students.
Because better students are better learners.
And want to do better by burning out one more year for some more marks.
Here before, you decide to study same curriculum again for next year, I would say
Look after your marks of past years.
Did you fared better in previous 3 or 5 examinations?
Did you know the reasons for low grades in the current exam?
What will be your strategy to improve grades in next year? If you don't like binomial or paper was tough this year, there is no guarantee for next year that paper will come easy.
If your grades were truly high in past 3 to 5 years, then yes you can take a break and prepare better for next year.
But if your grades were similar, give a leverage of +/- 5% then do not repeat for the same class indeed chose for a college programme where you can get admission. Look for skill based courses and there are plenty.
A good college does not define your career success. It's you.
And you are awesome.
If you are Indian child I will suggest you to go and kiss your mom. Next you will know the results :-)
Look ahead plan your career and when you have a question ask me through this forum.
Tell your worries to your parents, teachers, seniors, siblings and friends. If that is not enough go and meet a professional counselor.
Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment