Editing and Marketing are very broad terms, but from the question I felt and most precisely, I suppose, this person is eligible for both the jobs but not pretty sure to which to make a career choice. For obvious reasons, I think of perhaps this is the problems of many job seekers when they are stuck in selecting a career.
Suppose you have two jobs to chose from Job A and B or three Jobs, Job A, B and C then how to select the better one that fits you?
Consider following points when deciding between Jobs. Ask to yourself following questions
- What are the eligibility requirements to apply for this job?
- What are the new things I need to learn to do this job? Oo I have necessary skills?
- Where I want to be 2 year / 3 year / 5 year down the line? Can this job take me to the place in a fixed period of time?
- What are the possibilities for growth and promotions?
- How much money I will make from this job?
- Whether I will be able to buy a house and save enough for retirement?
- If this job will help me in building better relationship with people?
- Which job I will really enjoy doing the most?
- Which job will give me better and healthy work environment?
- Whether I will be able to make changes with time and grow with inustry?
- Take an spreadsheet, Microsoft XL, Google Sheet or Any you use.
- In the sheet mark First Column A as Question, Second Column B as Job A or Job Title, Second Column C as Job B or Job Title, similarly you can mark Job C and Job D
- Under the column A, fill these questions 1 to 10
- Now against each question give points to each job. For example; 8 points for question no 2 against Job A and 7.5 points against job B
- Now sum all the points given against each question for each job.
- At the end you will get score of Job on a scale of 10.
Go for the job that has done well on your evaluation scale. In case of a tie, go for the one that you will truly love doing.
Trust me, love is alive.
Download My Job Selection Cheat Sheet