The big question every school student faces is how many hours he /she should study for success.
This is also worry point for many parents and educators.
I have seen parents pushing children to study more more and more. But how much is too much???
There is no quick fix formula, how much one should study depends on many things. Studying for more hours never applies directly for acquiring good grades.
You study to score better but how much?
Let's do a simple math here.
1. 1 day equal 24 hours.
2. 1 school day equal 8 hours.
3. Traveling to school equal 2 hours.
4. Time for a good night sleep equal 7 hours an average.
5. Time for sports equal 2 hours.
6. Time for other activities equal 1 hours.
7. Sum total of point 2 to 6 equal 20 hours.
8. Hours, remain in a day equal 4 hours.
No. Of hours may vary depending on for example may be distance traveled to school.
An average a student has 4 - 5 hours in hand.
So in my opinion a student should study 4 to 5 hours a day.
Success depends on how much you learn from studies and not on how much you remember.