- Date of start of Online Application Form - 10th April, 2012 **
- Date of start of issuing Offline Application Form - 10th April, 2012 **
- Last Date for sale of Application of Offline/Online Form Closes on - 15th May, 2012
- Last date for receipt of Application Form - 17th May, 2012
- Admit card Download Window - 28 – 30 May 2012
- CUCET – 2012 Examination (Offline) Date (for UG, Integrated & Other specified programmes) 3rd June, 2012
- CUCET – 2012 Online Examination (for all Post Graduate & Research programmes Except Language
- programme) 9th – 10th June 2012
- Declaration of Results & Downloading of Score Card (for Offline Examination) - 15th June, 2012
- Counselling Sessions & Admission Starts - 25th June, 2012
- Classes Commence - As Per Individual University Schedule *
- ** Please look out for announcement for online / offline application details in national dailies.
- * Please check with the website of individual Universities.
CUCET – is “Central Universities Common Entrance Test” is held for admission into 99 Integrated, Post-graduate & Research programmes offered by following 7 Central Universities in India.
Central University of Bihar
Camp Office: BIT Campus
Patna – 800 014
Tel / Fax: 0612-2226535
Central University of Jammu
8/8, Trikuta Nagar, Jammu-180 012
(J&K State, India)
Tel. No.: +91-0191-2479651
Fax. No.: +91-0191-2479651
Central University of Jharkhand
Ratu Lohardaga Road
Ranchi – 835 205
Central University of Kashmir
Transit Campus: Sonwar,
Near GB Pant Hospital
Srinagar – 190 004
Central University of Kerala
Kasaragod – 671 123
+91 4994 256420
Central University of Rajasthan
Kishangarh – 3005 802
Dist – Ajmer, Rajasthan
+ 91 - 1463 – 246735
Central University of Tamil Nadu
Thiruvarur – 610 001
04366 – 220311
04366 - 220023
CUCET 2012 Examination Fees
- For General / OBC Candidates - Rs 300 if applying Online or Rs 250 if applying offline
- For SC / ST Candidates - Rs 250 if applying Online or Rs 200 if applying offline
CUCET 2012 Syllabus and Question Paper Pattern
For all integrated Programmes, subject related questions will be equal to the 12th Std (CBSE Board). For postgraduate Programmes, it will be based on undergraduate syllabus. A common paper will be administered for all Programmes on general knowledge & awareness.
Admission to different Central Universities shall be based on following common criteria as stated in the FAQ section of CUCET Website
1. Whether you have applied for that particular Programme in that University as a first choice. (If left over seats are there, candidates with second choice may also be considered).
2. Your ranking in the CUCET for that programme (Higher the Score, better are your chances)
3. Meeting the eligibility criteria prescribed by the University.
If, you meet these criteria, you will be called for counselling by the University for Admission.
For course fees and other related information visit the respective Central University Website.
CUCET 2012 Exam Pattern
Part A = 35 questions (all to be answered)
Part A - The question paper will be consisting of General Knowledge and Awareness.
Part B = 65 questions ( all to be answered)
Part B - The questions will be from subject specific paper
The time given is 120 minutes
100 multiple choice questions to be answered covering English, Mathematics, logical reasoning etc.,
The time given is 120 minutes.
INTEGRATED M. PHIL / PH.D & PH.D programmes
100 Multiple choice questions to be answered in the relevant subject.
The time given is 120 minutes.
For all Integrated M.Sc. programmes and Integrated Law programme, The questions will be at the level of CBSE 12th standard.
For all PG programmes, it will be based on the undergraduate study of a Indian University.
M.phil / Ph.D. & Ph. D, it will be based on the PG level study of a Indian University.