All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi conducts GPAT 2013 for admission into Post Graduate course in Pharmacy leading to award of M.Pharm i.e Master in Pharmacy qualification / Doctoral Program in Pharmacy i.e. Ph.D and for award of scholarships and fellowships
to pharmacy graduates. GPAT 2013 will be Online GPAT instead of traditional paper based GPAT. Candidates interested in pursuing M.Pharm have to apply Online for GPAT 2013. Candidates who have M.Pharm can may apply for Direct admission into Ph.D. program without appearing for GPAT 2013. The candidates having GPAT 2013 Score will also be eligible for award of JRF i.e. Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and joint CSIR/UGC projects. GPAT 2013 Score may also make criteria for admission into self financing post graduate pharmacy program in some institutes.
Qualification for admission into M.Pharm programFor admission into M.Pharm program or Doctoral Program in Pharmacy in a pharmacy college or pharmacy institute in India and for eligibility of MHRD and Other Government Scholarships / assistantships GPAT Score is essential along with 4 years bachelors’ degree in Pharmacy.
GPAT 2013 Educational Eligibility
Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, a 4 year qualification after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates. Those in the final semester of such program are also eligible to apply.
GPAT 2013 Exam Schedule
- Registration Start date- 8th March 2013 (Friday)
- Registration End date- 8th April 2013 (Monday)
- Generation of Cash Challan- 8th April, 2013 (Monday)
- Payment of Fees on SBI Counter - 9th April, 2013 (Tuesday)
- Final Submission of online Form (through cash payment) - 11th April, 2013 (Thursday)
- Admit Card download date - 29th April, 2013 (Monday)
- GPAT-2013 Exam Window - 16th May 2013 to 18th May 2013
- GPAT 2013 Test Timings – 9.30 AM to 12.30 PM and 2.30 PM to 5.30 PM
- GPAT Result declaration - 31st May, 2013 (Friday)
- Print out of Score Cards - 31st May to 30th June, 2013
GPAT 2013 Exam SitesGPAT 2013 will be administered by AICTE across 57 cities in India. Following given list of GPAT 2013 Test Locations
Ahmadabad Gurgaon Madurai Rajkot
Allahabad Guwahati Mangalore Ranchi
Amravati Gwalior Meerut Shimla
Amritsar Hyderabad Mumbai Surat
Aurangabad Indore Mysore Thiruvananthpuram
Bangalore Jabalpur Nagpur Tirupati
Bareilly Jaipur Nanded Udaipur
Bhavnagar Jammu Nasik Vadodara
Bhopal Kanpur Nellore Varanasi
Bhubaneswar Kochi Noida Vijayawada
Chandigarh Kolhapur Panaji Visakhapatnam
Chennai Kolkata Patna Warangal
Dehradun Kozhikode Pune
Delhi Kurnool Raipur
Gulbarga Lucknow Rajahmundry
GPAT 2013 Exam Pattern
- GPAT 2013 is online entrance examination. The question paper pattern will be similar as GPAT 2012. However GPAT 2013 is not offered as paper based test.
- GPAT 2013 is online test of 3 hour duration
- GPAT 2013 will test candidates’ ability through 125 questions of 4 marks each.
- Each question will have 4 answer choices from which candidates’ have to select correct answer corresponding to each question.
- For each wrongly answered question a candidate will be penalized by 1 mark.
GPAT 2013 Application Fees
- The application fee is Rs 1200 for general category candidates and Rs 600 for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped candidates.
- Applicant can pay fees online while filling application form using credit card, debit card, net banking or deposit cash in any branch of State bank of India. See List of SBI Branches, click here.
- The GPAT 2013 application is available online only.
For more details you reach to GPAT authority via following channelsWEBSITES: GPAT Cell - http://www.aicte-gpat.in
Helpline Number : 022-66258304
Fax Number: 022-25814283
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for award of MHRD ScholarshipsGPAT 2013 score will have 70% weightage and candidate’s academic record 30 weightage where he / she has secured admission in a pharmacy institute’s masters / doctoral program through interview conducted by institute for selection. Some institute may also ask for GPAT 2013 Score for admission even without availability of MHRD Scholarship.
GPAT 2013 Score Card
GPAT 2013 Score Card will be issued to candidates qualified in GPAT 2013 Online Examination.
GPAT 2013 Score will be valid for 1 year only.