Executive MBA also called EMBA program in India is highly popular among working professionals as this program gives them an edge in scaling the corporate ladder as well as acquiring a master’s degree simultaneously. EMBA Program in India is offered by various universities, management institutes and colleges. The program is designed keeping in mind the needs of working professionals and executives.
The curriculum taught in EMBA program helps industry managers, professionals and executives to improve their skills. EMBA Program is considered same as equivalent to Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. Most of the institutes in India offers same curriculum for MBA and EMBA students.
People willing to pursue EMBA program in India must have to possess at least 3 years of working experience. However, in some cases, management institutes ask for 5 years of work experience. A team approach is often followed to discuss case studies which help individuals to learn from another.
Executive MBA Programs are flexible in nature and offered according to convenience of the working professionals. These programs are offered in various modes:
- 1-Year EMBA Program
- 2-Year EMBA Program
- 3-Year EMBA Program
- Full Time EMBA Program
- Part Time EMBA Program
- EMBA Program through Distance Learning
- Online EMBA Program, Etc.
1-Year EMBA programs are specially designed for high end managers accountable for major roles in a company or group. These are full time programs leveraged with vast syllabus content. Executives and Managers pursuing this program are expected to devote maximum time for studies and group activities.
2-Year and 3-Year EMBA programs also offer the same curriculum as it is for 1- Year EMBA program students. Though, these programs are designed keeping in view the convenience of the working managers and executives who can not attend full-time classes. These programs are Part Time in nature.
Correspondence EMBA / Distance Learning EMBA / Online EMBA Programs are best suitable for those managers and executives who can not attend regular classes but still needs a post graduate business degree to enhance their career prospects.
General Eligibility Criteria to pursue EMBA Program is as follows:
- Executives with graduate degree in any stream or an equal qualification.
- 3-5 years work experience
- Valid Score in CAT / GMAT / GRE Etc
- Proficiency in English
- Leadership qualities
Executive MBA Program in India is offered by following institutes:
- Symbiosis Institute of Management
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) - University of Delhi (DU)
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management studies (JBIMS)
- Xavier Labor Research Institute (XLRI) Jamshedpur
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) New Delhi
- Indian School of Business (ISB) Hyderabad
- Aegis School of Business Belapur, Navi Mumbai
- Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH) Noida
- Globsyn Business School Kolkata Executive MBA
- Great Lakes Institute of Management
- SP Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR)
- Amrita Institute of Management Coimbatore
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
- Amity Business School
- ITM Business School
Executive MBA Program in India is on high demand among working executives, business managers and CEOs.
Note: The list of institutes and types of programs are indicative only. If you are an institution offering eMBA please submit your institute here using comment box below.