Applications are invited by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), from Indian Biomedical Scientists for the International Fellowships for the year 2014-15.
How many fellowships are offered?No. of Fellowships: Young Scientists: 12; Senior Scientists-6
What will be the duration of fellowship?Duration: 3-6 Months for young scientists and 10 – 15 days for Senior Scientists
What are the Eligibility Conditions to available ICMR Fellowship 2014-15 for Biomedical Scientists?
- MD / PhD Degree with at least 3 years teaching / research experience for young scientists and atleast 15 years for Senior Scientists.
- Regular position in a recognized biomedical / research / health institution in India.
- Below 45 years of age for young and 57 years for senior scientists.
What is offered as ICMR International Fellowship 2014-15 for Biomedical Scientists?Financial Support: ICMR International Fellowship 2014-15 for Biomedical Scientists
- US$ 3000 per month, contingency grant of Rs. 20000/- and return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare) for young scientists.
- US$ 200 per day (including US$ 75 as per diem and US$ 125 is for accommodation expenses), contingency grant of Rs. 20000/- and return economy class air ticket (excursion air fare) for Senior Scientists.
How to apply for ICMR Fellowship (2014-15) for Biomedical Scientists to pursue research in a Foreign Institute?
- The applicant should submit a letter of acceptance from the foreign institute where he / she proposes to work alongwith a concrete plan of training / research work to be undertaken during the fellowship.
- Recommendation by the Head of the parent organization / institute is essential.
- Incomplete Applications will not be entertained.
- Decision of ICMR will be final.
- If selected, the fellowship is to be availed before 28 February 2015.
Ten Copies of the application should be submitted to:
International Health Division (IHD), Indian Council of Medical Research, V.Ramlingaswami Bhawan, Post Box No. 4911, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110029
For details and format of application log on to official website: http://www.icmr.nic.in