(a) Institute Fellowship
1. Ph.D Degree in Clinical Psychology (3 seats)
2. Ph.D Degree in Neurophysiology (2 seats)
3. Ph.D Degree in Psychiatric Social Work (1 Seat)
4. Ph.D Degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology (1 Seat)
5. Ph.D Degree in Biostatistics (1 Seat)*
*If no candidate is selected for Ph.D in Biostatistics, the seat will be offered to a eligible candidate in Clinical Psychology.
6. Ph.D in Clinical Neurosciences (ICMR Programme) (5 seats)
Under Welcome Grant
7. Ph.D in History of Psychiatry (2 Seats)
(b) External Fellowship: Candidates with sponsorship from Government of India / State Govt. Institutions, Deputed or Sponsored from a recognized University, Fellowships from Govt agencies like UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (JRF/SRF Only) and a permanent employees / tenured employees of NIMHANS can also apply for Ph.D in the following Departments of the institute which will be considered at the discretion of the Competent Authority of Entrance Test and Interview to be held during the Month of March and June.
Note: Candidates applying for Ph.D with Fellowships from UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (JRF/SRF Only) are exempted from the entrance test. All the candidates have to attend the Interview and qualify in it by obtaining a minimum of 50% marks to be eligible for admission into the Ph.D Programme.
Merely qualifying in Entrance Test and Interview does no entitle admission to Ph.D Course. Selection is subject to availability of eligible guides in the respective departments.
a. Biophysics, b. Biostatistics, c. Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, d. Clinical Psychology, e. Human Genetics, f. Mental Health Rehabilitation, g. Neurochemistry, h. Neurological Rehabilitation, i. Neuroimaging & Interventional Radiology, j. Neuromicrobiology, k. Neuropathology, l. Neurophysiology, m. Neurovirology, n. Nursing, o. Psychiatric Social Work, p. Psychiatry, q. Psychopharmacology, r. Speech Pathology & Audiology
B) Superspeciality Courses
1. DM Degree in Neuroradiology (3 seats / 1 for sponsored)
2. DM Degree in Neurology (10 Seats) (1 for sponsored under Post MD / DNB only)* (6 for Post MD/DNB & 4 for Post MBBS)
3. DM Degree in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 3 seats (2 for sponsored)*
4. DM Degree in Neuroanasthesia# 4 seats (1 for sponsored)*
5. M.Ch. in Neurosurgery (5 for Post MS / DNB & 3 For Post MBBS)
C) Post Graduate Degree / Diploma Courses
1. MD Degree in Psychiatry – 22 Seats (1 for sponsored)
2. Diploma in Psychiatry (DPM) – 9 seats (8 For Kannada Domicile and 1 for Sponsored)*
3. Fellowship in Psychological Support Disaster Management – 8 seats (4 for sponsored)
4. Fellowship in Psychiatric Rehabilitation ## - 2 seats (Under Medical) (1 Sponsored) / 2 Seats (under Non-Medical) (1 Sponsored)
5. M.Phil in Clinical Psychology – 21 Seats (3 for foreign# / sponsored)*
6. M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work – 21 Seats (3 for foreign# / sponsored)*
7. M.Phil in Neurophysiology – 2 seats
8. M.Phil in Biophysics – 3 seats
9. M.Phil in Neurosciences – 4 seats
10. Master in Public Health – 5 seats (All 5 for sponsored)*
11. M.Sc in Psychiatric Nursing 9 seats
D) Post Doctoral Fellowship Courses
1. Child & Adolescent Psychiatry – 3 seats (2 for sponsored)*
2. Neuroanaesthesia – 4 seats (2 for Foreign** / Sponsored)*
3. Neuroinfection – 2 seats (1 for sponsored)*
4. Hospital Infection Control – 1 seat (1 for sponsored)*
a. Epilepsy - (2 seats) (1 for sponsored)*
b. Movement Disorders – 2 seats (1 for sponsored)*
c. Neuromuscular Disorder – 1 seat
d. Stroke- 1 seat
6. Neuropathology – 2 seats (1 for foreign**/sponsored)*
7. Transfusion Medicine – 2 seats (2 for sponsored)*
8. Neurological Rehabilitation – 2 seats
a. Acute Care & Emergency Psychiatry – 2 seats (1 for sponsored)
b. Community Mental Health – 3 seats (2 for sponsored)
c. Addiction Medicine – 4 seats (2 for sponsored)
d. Consultation Liasion Psychiatry – 2 seats (1 for sponsored)
e. Geriatric Psychiatry – 2 seats (1 for sponsored)
f. Obessive Compulisive Disorder & related disorders – 3 seats (2 for sponsored)
g. Clinical Neurosciences & Therapeutics in Schizophernia – 3 seats (2 for sponsored)
*Sponsored candidates means permanent employees sponsored by the State / Central Government or Public Sector undertaking of State / Central Government.
#For DM Degree in Neuroanaesthesia course only. “If no eligible candidates are available under sponsored category, such seat will be filled by candidates under General Merit Category subject to availability of Senior Residency Position at NIMHANS”.
** All foreign nationals (holding passports of countries other than India), non residential Indians and oversees citizens of India should apply under Foreign National category only.
## Candidates sponsored by the NGO’s can also apply for this course. The Sponsorship letter should be in the NIMHANS prescribed format as shown under sponsorship certificate. If no candidates are qualified under medical category, the seats will be filled by the candidates from the Non-Medical Category and vice-versa.
For all other details regarding eligibility criteria, submission of online applications etc, please refer detailed admission notification and prospectus available on NIMHANS Website: http://www.nimhans.kar.nic.in