Indian Navy Recruitment 2014: ENROLLMENT AS SAILORS FOR ARTIFICER APPRENTICE (AA) - 137 BATCH; Course Commencing February 2015
1. Online Application is invited from unmarried Male Indian Citizens and subjects of Nepal & Bhutan.
2. Educational Qualifications. Qualified in 10+2 / equivalent examination with 60% or more marks in aggregate with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science
3.Age. Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1995 to 31 Jan 1998 (Bothdates inclusive)
4. Pay& Allowances. The Artificer Apprentices Basic Pay Band is Rs. 5200-20200. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay @Rs.2000/- plus MSP @ Rs. 2000/- plus ‘X’ Group Pay @ Rs. 1400/- plus DA.
5. Promotion: Promotion Prospect exist up to the rank of Master Chef Petty Officer - I (equivalent to Subedar Major) with pay scale of Rs. 9300 - 34800 plus Grade Pay @Rs. 2000/- plus MSP @Rs. 2000/- plus 'X' Group pay @Rs. 1400/- plus DA. Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
(a) During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniform, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
(b) Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children education and house rent allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave
encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility/admissibility is regulated as per government orders in force and amended from time to time.
Selection Procedure for As Sailors For Artificer Apprentice in Indian Navy
7. Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examinations.
8. (a) The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and of objective type.
(b) The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
(c) The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is also available on website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
(d) Duration of examination will be one hour.
(e) The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate
9.Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
(a) Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for selection.
(b) PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk
10. Medical Standards.
(a) Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
(b) Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
(c) The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order(Special) 01/2008.
(d) Initial MedicalExamination forrecruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination”. Final medical examination of all selected candidate will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit at final medical examination will be enrolled for training. No “Appeal” is permitted forreview after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka.
Note:-Candidates areadvised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination
Better Eye: 6/12
Worse Eye: 6/12
Better Eye: 6/9
Worse Eye: 6/12
Note:-Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply
12. Tattoos. Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand.
Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment
Training And Initial Engagement
13. Training. The training for the course will commence in Feb 2015, with 09 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
14. Discharge as Unsuitable. Sailors are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
15. Initial Engagement. The initial engagement is subjected to successful completion of training. The initial engagement is of 20 years
SELECTION PROCEDURE Selection Procedure for As Sailors for Artificer Apprentice in Indian Navy
16. The applications are to be filled online on website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in. The selection procedure is as follows:-
(a) Print out of online application will be received only through ORDINARY POST
Application received through speed post/ registered post or couriers will be rejected.
(b) Short-listing criteria will be based on percentage of marks scored in 10+2.
(c) Call up letters cum admit card for eligible short listed candidates indicating date, time and place for recruitment tests, which are scheduled during SEP/OCT 2014 are required to Downloaded from www.nausena-bharti.nic.in
(d) All original certificates, mark sheets and NCC certificate (if held) are to be produced at the time of written examination. If the details provided in ‘online application’ are not matching with original documents, your cadidature will be cancelled.
(e) Results of the Written Test will be announced on the same day and those who qualify Written test will undergo PFT and Recruitment Medical Examination (Preliminary), which may take 1-2 days.
(f) Candidates declared Temporary Medically Unfit in the recruitment medical could avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review /appeal ispermissible if declared unfit in the specialist review.
(g) Candidates declared Permanent Medically unfit in the recruitment medical can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital on payment of Rs 40/- by Military Receivable Order (MRO) on Government Treasury within 21days. Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in a Military Hospital will not be considered. No further review/appeal is permissible.
(h) The candidates who qualify in all respects will be short listed depending upon the vacancies. The candidate will be selected on all India merit basis. The select list will be available on website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in on 27 Dec 2014. All candidates whose names appear in the Select list and have been declared medically fit in the Recruitment Medical would be required to report to INS Chilka. However, enrollment will be subject to Fitness in Enrolment Medical at INS Chilka.
(j) The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final select list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
(k) Call letter for Final Medical examination will be forwarded only to medically qualified candidates in the select list. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
(l) All select listed candidates will also be forwarded Police Verification form alongwith the Call letter for final medical examination. The candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Chilka after getting their antecedents verified on this form from the concerned district police authorities. Candidates without the verified police verification reports /reports with adverse comments will not be eligible for enrolment. The format forthe police verification form can also be downloaded from the website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in immediately after the declaration of select list, to ensure timely verification.
(m) No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment after a period of six months.
How To Apply For Indian Navy Recruitment 2014: ENROLMENT AS SAILORS FOR ARTIFICER APPRENTICE (AA) - 137 BATCH
17. For this entrythe candidates can apply ONLINE ONLY, MANUALLYFILLED APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED. The procedure for the same is as follows:-
(a) Online Application Form. Candidates are to apply online through website
www.nausena-bharti.nic.in from 10 Jun 14.
(b) Before filling online application, keep matric certificate & 10+2 Mark sheet ready for reference.
(c) Filling up of information like email id is compulsory.
(d) Click on “Sailors Entry” button under apply online on the home page of website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
(e) Fill up the form completely. Before clicking the ‘Submit’ button make sure all the details are correct.
(f) Print two copies of the online application form.Onecopydulysigned, along with attested copies of matriculation certificate, 10+2 marksheet, domicile, NCC Certificate (if held) & one self addressed envelop of size 22x10 cms with Rs 10/ - stamp affixed on envelope to be forwarded at the address given below.
(g)Write on the envelop “OnlineAA Application-137 batch & 10+2 percentage......
(h) Last date for registration of online application is 20 Jun 2014.
(j) Physical receipt of application at this office by 27 Jun 2014. Confirmation of an applicant would be on receipt of physical application by due date.
(k) Online application will be further scruitinised for eligibility and maybe rejected if found not eligible in any respect.
(l) Photographs. THE PHOTOGRAPH SHOULD BE CLEAR AND OF GOOD QUALITY WITH BLUE BACKGROUND. Application received without photographs will be rejected.
18. Attesting Officer’s name, signature with office address / seal should be clear and legible. Documents without attestation would be rejected.
19. In case of any difficulty faced by potential candidates they may contact IHQ MoD on Tele: 011 -23793067
20.Navy will not be responsible for any postal delay/loss of any documents during transit.
LASTDATEOFRECEIPTOFAPPLICATION-27JUN2014. FORCANDIDATES OFNORTHEAST, J&K, ANDAMAN&NICOBAR, LAKSHADEEP & MINICOY ISLAND - 04 JUL 2014