SCRA Exam DatesThe SCRA 2015 is scheduled on 18 January 2015.
SCRA Examination CentresThe SCRA Exam 2015 is National Level Examination for the selection of Special Class Apprentices' in Mechanical Engineering Department of Indian Railways. The examination will be held across following cities:
- Panaji (Goa)
- Port Blair
SCRA Exam Eligibility CriteriaAge: 17-21 years as on 1 January 2015. A candidate should not be born before 2 January 1994 and later than 1 January 1998 to be eligible to appear for SCRA 2015. Upper age limit is relaxable as per central government rules.
Educational Qualification: Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognised board or university with atleast First or Second Division with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects. Detailed educational qualification is stated below:
- must have passed in the first or second division, the Intermediate or an equivalent Examination of a University or Board approved by the Government of India with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination
- Graduates with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as their degree subjects may also apply: or
- must have passed in the first or second division, the Higher Secondary (12 years) Examination under 10 plus 2 pattern of School Education with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination; or
- must have passed the first year Examination under the three year degree course of a Universlty or the first examination of the three year diploma course in Rural Service of the National Council for Rural Higher Eduaation or the third year Examination for promotion to the 4th year of the four year B.A./B.Sc. (Evening College) Course of the Madras University with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination provided that before joining the degree/ diploma course he/she passed the Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre-University or equivalent examination in the first or second division. Candidates who have passed the first/second year examination under 1he three-year degree course in the first or second division with Mathematics and either Physics or Chemistry as subjects of the Examination may also apply: provided the first) second year examination is conducted by a University: or
- must have passed in the first or second division the Pre-Engineering Examination of a University, approved by the Government of India; or
- must have passed in the first or second division the Pre-Professional/ Pre-Technological Examination of any Indian University or a recognised Board, with Mathematics and at least, one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination conducted one year after the Higher Secondary or Pre-University stage: or
- must have passed the first year examination under the five year Engineering Degree Course of a University: provided that before joining the Degree Course, he/she passed 1he Higher Secondary Examination or pre-University or equivalent Examination in the first or second division
SCRA 2015: Examination FeesRs. 100 only. All female candidates, SC / ST and PH Category candidates do not require submitting any fee. Fees can be paid in cash at any branch of SBI or by using net banking facility of SBI / State bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad / State Bank of Mysore / State Bank of Patiala / State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa / Master Card / Debit Card.
How to apply for SCRA 2015 Examination?Aspiring candidates must require online submission of application form for SCRA 2015. To apply online log on to www.upsconline.nic.in
Last Date for submission of SCRA 2015 Online Application Form is 7 November 2014
SCRA 2015 e-Admit CardThe Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) New Delhi will upload e-Admit Cards for SCRA Exam 2015 atleast 3 weeks before exam date. All candidates will be required to download eadmit card from official website.
SCRA 2015 Exam Pattern
SCRA 2015 is a 2 part examination. Part I Shall Carry 600 marks. Part II is Personality Test of 200 marks. Only candidates declared eligible in Part I examination will be invited by UPSC New Delhi to appear for Part II Examination.
SCRA Exam 2015 Part I is written Examination in following three papers
Paper I: Time Allowed 2 Hours; Maximum Marks: 100
Study Areas: This is a General Ability Test (GAT). Questions will be asked in the areas of English, General Knowledge and Psychological Test
Paper II: Time allowed 2 Hours. Maximum Marks: 200
Study Areas: Question will be asked in Physical Sciences i.e. Physics and Chemistry
Paper III: Time Allowed 2 Hours; Maximum Marks 200
Study Areas: Mathematics
Questions in all above paper will be objective type / multiple choice type.
There will negative marking for wrongly marked answers. Candidates are strongly advised to do not attempt questions based on guess. For every worngly selected answer your marks will be deducted from the marks obtained for right answers.