The Indian Railways comes under the purview of Ministry of Railways of Government of India. On the basis of Revenue earned from various sources by Railways in last one year, requirements for next 1 year, a financial plan is made out by experts in finance and economics and budget is prepared every year. The Minister of Railways read the Budget Document. This year, Mr. Suresh Prabhu, the Railway Minister of India presented the budget in Lok Sabha (the Upper House of Parliament of India). Following are9 Points of Indian Railway Budget 2015-16:
1. IR to become prime mover of economy once again
2. Resource Mobilization for higher Investments
3. Decongestion of heavy haul routes and speeding up of trains: emphasis on gauge conversion, doubling, tripling and electrification
4. Project delivery
5. Passenger Amenities.
7. Transparency & System Improvement.
8. Railways to continue to be the preferred mode of transport for the masses.
Highlights of Indian Railway Budget 2015-16 (This document may serve the purpose for General Knowledge India Railway Budget 2015-16)
Link to Rail Budget 2015-16 (If you are preparing for Competitive Examinations like Civil Services of India or Railway Budget can make part of Group Discussion for MBA Admission this is useful)
Information Source: Ministry of Railways Government of India
The links provide here on this page are meant educational purpose and to keep up-to-date knowledge about Current Affairs of the Country.