- The Indus Valley Civilization also referred as Bronze Age Civilization (3300 – 1300 BCE Initial Phase and 2600 – 1900 BCE Matured Phase).
- The Bronze Age also referred as Chocolithic Age or Proto-Historic Period.
- Another name for Indus Valley Civilization is Harappan Civilization named of the first discovered site Harappa in the region.
- The term Indus Valley Civilization first used by noted Scholar John Marshall.
- The Indus Valley Civilization in short IVC was concentrated over, Baluchistan, Punjab, Sindh, Rajasthan, Haryana, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh (West) and Maharashtra (North).
- Historians argue that Harappa-Ghagar-Mohenjodoro axis forms the heart of Indus Valley Civilization.
- The Northern-most site of Indus Valley Civilization – Ropar (Sutlej) / Punjab (earlier); Manda (Chenab) / Jammu & Kashmir (now).
- The Southern- most site of Indus Civilization- Bhagatrav (Kim) / Gujarat (earlier); Daimabad (Pravara) / Maharashtra (Now).
- The Eastern – Most Site of Indus Civilization – Alamgirpur (Hindon) / Uttar Pradesh
- The Western - most site of Indus Civilization – Sutkagendor (Dashk) / Makran Coast, Pakistan-Iran Border
- The Capital Cities of Indus Valley Civilization were – Harappa and Mohenjodaro
- The port cities of Indus Valley Civilization were Lothal, Sutkagendor, Allahdino, Balakot and Kuntasi.
- The Indus Valley Civilization was spread over 1 260 000 square km of land area.
- The Indus Civilization recognized as largest ancient known civilization in the world till date.
Indus Valley Civilization at a Glance
2020 Exam Alerts (8) Academic News (46) Admission News (20) Admission Notices (122) Admission Test (80) Articles (216) Bachelor Living (1) Books (3) Careers (36) Entrance Exam Alerts (51) Exam Results (149) Exam Time Table (7) Fellowships (20) General Knowledge (300) GRE (141) Higher Education (127) IELTS (5) List (133) MBA (241) Part Time Courses (5) Previous Question Papers (48) Rankings (1) SAT (3) Scholarships (181) Social Media (13) Study Abroad (236) Universities (63) US College Admision (1) US Education (1)