- December 9, 1946 : The first meeting of Constituent Assembly was held in the constitution hall(now 'Central Hall of Parliament House'). Demanding a separate state, the Muslim League boycotted the meeting. Dr.Sanchidanand Sinha was elected as temporary President of Assembly following the French practice.
- December 11, 1946 : Elected Dr.Rajendra Prasad and H.C.Mukherjee as the President and Vice-President of the Assembly respectively. Appointed Sir B.N.Rau as Constitutional advisor to the Assembly.
- December 13, 1946 : 'Objective Resolution' was introduced by Jawaharlal Nehru. Underlying principles of Constitution were laid by Objective Resolution.
- January 22, 1947: Unanimously adopted the Objective Resolution.
- May 1949: It ratified India's membership of the Commonwealth.
- July 22, 1947: Adopted the national flag.
- January 24, 1950: Adopted the national anthem, national song. Elected Dr. Rajendra Prasad as the first president of India.
Faculty of Architecture
Gautam Buddh Technical University
LUCKNOW-226 007 (Uttar Pradesh)
Ph: 0522-2740236 (EPBX), 2740152 (Office)