- December 9, 1946 : The first meeting of Constituent Assembly was held in the constitution hall(now 'Central Hall of Parliament House'). Demanding a separate state, the Muslim League boycotted the meeting. Dr.Sanchidanand Sinha was elected as temporary President of Assembly following the French practice.
- December 11, 1946 : Elected Dr.Rajendra Prasad and H.C.Mukherjee as the President and Vice-President of the Assembly respectively. Appointed Sir B.N.Rau as Constitutional advisor to the Assembly.
- December 13, 1946 : 'Objective Resolution' was introduced by Jawaharlal Nehru. Underlying principles of Constitution were laid by Objective Resolution.
- January 22, 1947: Unanimously adopted the Objective Resolution.
- May 1949: It ratified India's membership of the Commonwealth.
- July 22, 1947: Adopted the national flag.
- January 24, 1950: Adopted the national anthem, national song. Elected Dr. Rajendra Prasad as the first president of India.
Working of Constituent Assembly
2020 Exam Alerts (8) Academic News (46) Admission News (20) Admission Notices (122) Admission Test (80) Articles (216) Bachelor Living (1) Books (3) Careers (36) Entrance Exam Alerts (51) Exam Results (149) Exam Time Table (7) Fellowships (20) General Knowledge (300) GRE (141) Higher Education (127) IELTS (5) List (133) MBA (238) Part Time Courses (5) Previous Question Papers (48) Rankings (1) SAT (3) Scholarships (181) Social Media (13) Study Abroad (210) Universities (63) US College Admision (1) US Education (1)