Notification for Entrance Test/ Admissions – 2008
The University notifies for the sale of application forms and related information bulletin for admission to various Under Graduate & Post Graduate courses and Special Courses of Study Diploma & Certificate) in the Session 2008-2009.
A. UNDERGRADUATE COURSES (UET) :
a) General : B.A. (Hons.) Arts; B.A (Hons) Social Sc; B.Sc. (Hons.) Maths; B.Sc. (Hons.) Bio.; B.Com. (Hons.) / (B.Com. (Hons.) Financial Markets Management (special Courses of Study)], Shastri (Hons.];
b) Professional: After +2 Level: B. F.A. ; B. Mus. ; B.Sc. (Ag.) ; after graduation: LLB.; B.Ed/ B.Ed Special) and B.P.Ed.
B. POSTGRADUATE COURSES (PET)
a. Genera/: MA. Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, English, French, Hindi, Marathi, Nepali, Pali, Persian, Sanskrit, Telugu, Urdu, Linguistics, Ancient Indian History Culture 8 Archaeology, Philosophy, Indian Philosophy & Religion, History of Art, Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology; M.Sc. : Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Computer Science, Biochemistry; M.Sc. (Tech.): Geology, M.Sc. (Tech.); Geophysics: M.A./ M.Sc. : Geography, Statistics, Mathematics, Home Science, Psychology; M.Com.; Acharya: Veda, Vyakaran, Jyotish, Dharmashastra, Mimamsa, Vedanta, Nyayavaiseshika, Prachinanyaya, Sankhyayoga, Puranetihasa, Sahitya, Dharmagama, Baudha Darshan, Jain Darshan.
b. Professional: M.A.: Prayojanmoolak Hindi (Patrakarita), Museology: Mass Communication, M.Lib.l.Sc; M.P.Ed; M.F.A ; M. Mus.; M. Musicology M.Ed.; M.Ed. (Special):VI; LL.M.; MCA; M. Sc. in Health Statistics, M.Sc. in Bioinformatics (For female); M.Sc. (Ag.): Agricultural Economics, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Entomology & Agricultural Zoology, Extension Education, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Horticulture, Mycology & Plant Pathology, Plant Physiology, Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry
c. Special : (1) M.A. in : Tourism Management, Social Work, Public Administration, Master of Personnel Management and Industrial Relations.
2) M.Sc. (Tech.) in Environmental Science & Technology, M.Sc in : Environmental Science, Applied Microbiology, Molecular & Human Genetics, Petroleum Geo-Science,
3) Master of: Export Management & Promotion (MEMP), Finance and Control (MFC), Risk & Insurance Management (MRIM).
(4) LL.M. in : Human Rights & Duties Education.
(5) MBA in Agri-Business.
(6) M.Sc. (Ag.) Agroforestry. Soil & water Conservation, M.Sc. in Food Science & Technology, Plant Biotechnology`, Master of Agri-business Management, M.Tech in Agricultural Engineering (Soil & Water Conservation Engineering).
C. SPECIAL COURSES OF STUDY (Diploma and Certificate)
(1) 2 and 1/2 year Diploma in : Naturapathy and yoga therapy:
(2) 2-year Diploma in : Office Management & Business Communication", Tourism Management, Panchkarma Therapy, Dialysis Therapy, Ayurvedic Drug Standardization, Medical Technology (Radio Therapy), Maternal Health Care (for female), Neonatal & Child Care, Kshar Karma, Vikiran & Chhaya Lab Technology, Vastu Shastra Evam Jyotish, Photography`, Design & Serigraphy`, Dental Mechanic and Dental Hygienist.
3) 1-year Diploma in: Language Technology, Journalism and Mass Communication, Manuscriptology, Insurance Management", Industrial and Intellectual Property Laws, Environmental Law, Policy and Management, Hospital Management, Remote Sensing and GIS, Japanese Studies, Conflict Management & Development, Counseling and Psychotherapy, Business Economics, Integrated Rural Development & Management, Seed Technology, Post Harvest Technology, Entrepreneurship Management-
(4) 1-year Certificate Course in Prasav Vigyan (Female only), Karma Kanda, Painting, Advertising Design
(5) 6-Months Certificate Course in Handloom, Weaving & Handicrafts`, Dying & Printing`, Textile Design
Admission to the Under Graduate & Post Graduate courses will be made through Under Graduate and Post Graduate Entrance Tests (UET/PET), However, there will be no entrance test for speical courses of study (Diploma and Certificate Courses) except departmental test, if any.
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. The University reserves the right not to run a course, Reservations as per Govt. of India rules.
INFORMATION BULLETIN PLUS APPLICATION FORM can be obtained from the ENTRANCE TEST CELL, OFFICE OF THE CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS, BHU, VARANASI-221005, either on cash payment of Rs. 50/- (Fifty) only, from 11.00 AM to 3.00 PM on working days OR by registered post by sending a written request mentioning name of the course i.e. Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Special Courses of Study (Diploma and Certificate), postal address along with : (i) A crossed MICR Demand Draft/Bankers Cheque issued by any Nationalized/Scheduled Bank for Rs. 100/- (One Hundred) only in favour of the CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS, BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY, payable at Varanasi, indicating name of candidate and course name on its reverse (ii) A self-addressed unstamped envelope of the size 32cmx26cm.
The UET/PET/Special Courses of Study (Diploma & Certificate) Information Bulletin plus Application Form will also be available on cash payment at Rajiv Gandhi South Campus Barkachha, Mirzapur and some other designated offices of the University.
NOTE - (1) Test Fee shall be charged as per details in the Information Bulletin.
(2) Only MICR Demand Draft/Bankers Cheque is acceptable.
(3) Foreign nationals are exempted from appearing in Entrance Test and are required to contact the international Centre, C/3/3. Tagore House, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi-221005 for further details
(4) Candidates may visit our website (www.bhu.ac.in ) for further details.
(5) Application Form-incomplete/received after the last date, shall not be accepted
(6) University shall not be responsible for any delay/loss of application form in postal transit/courier.
Important dates for sale and receipt of application form of :
UET/PET/ Special Courses of Study (Diploma and Certificate) :
Commencement of Sale of Forms : 27.02.2008.
Last Date for:
(a) Receipt of Postal Requisition for Forms : 10.03.2008
b) Sale of Forms from Counter : 24.03.2008 &
(c) Receipt of Completed Forms by hand or post) : 25.03.2008
Banaras Hindu University
Varanasi – 221 005
Tel: 0542 – 2368418, 2307255-58 Fax: 0542 – 2368418