- Morley was the Secretary of State, while Minto was the Indian Viceroy.
- Legislative Councils, both at the Centre and in the Provinces, were expanded.
- With regard to Central Government, an Indian member was taken in the Executive Council of the Governor General.
- The size of the Provincial Legislative Councils was enlarged by including elected Non – Official members so that the official majority was gone. Their functions were also increased.
- Now, they could move resolutions on Budget and on some matters of public matters.
- An element of election was also introduced in the Central Legislative Council, but the official majority was maintained.
- The most notable and retrograde change introduced was that Muslims were given separate representation.
- Thus, communal representation was introduced.
Faculty of Architecture
Gautam Buddh Technical University
LUCKNOW-226 007 (Uttar Pradesh)
Ph: 0522-2740236 (EPBX), 2740152 (Office)