1. Subscribe to Google News; use keyword Railway Jobs, Railway Recruitment, and chose for notify me as it happen. Now as soon as Google find a news related a Job in Railways, it will send you notification. You can read and delete or save to read it later.
2. Use Facebook: In facebook, search for groups related Railway Jobs, Railway Recruitment, look for latest post, when a last post was submitted in the group. There are many active / inactive groups and pages. Find an active facebook group / page. Become its member or like it. Now you will get instant
railway job alerts.
3. Subscribe for Employment News: Railway Recruitment Board publishes its vacancies in weekly job magazine. Take a subscription.
4. Keep a periodic check on RRB website: The official website of Ministry of Railways has links to links to all railway boards in India. URL: www.indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard/view_section.jsp?lang=0&id=0,4,1244
Keep a watch on this space and individual railway boards to know if there is an open position.
5. Make your facebook group of friends with similar interests and keep informed each other.
And least but not the last if you are preparing for Railways Jobs find here: General Knowledge for Railway Recruitment Examination
These steps are useful for other examinations also like Bank PO, SSC etc.