This is admission time in India. Schools, colleges, universities and everywhere discussions are going around admissions.
Getting into a college is not easy, it was never easy. My personal analysis says, majority of admission seekers lags 10% behind in minimum qualifying criteria.
Story of Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Mukesh Ambani etc is very popular.
These people are college dropout but they made it big in life and career.
There is a prevailing thought among youths, if they can make it, so I can.
Definitely you can.
Dropping out of college is like leaving a train and walking distances.
These people are not failed, they are successful because they learned in few days what college teaches them over 4 years.
They didn't dropped out because they were not able to study, indeed they dropped out because they decided to learn faster.
You may argue that people like Sir Richard Branson are school dropout, school refuses to teach him. True. But wait a moment Sir Richard Branson is a teen entrepreneur, he ran a school magazine at very young age, and established virgin records at an age when other teens of his was into play.
You also can dropout if you can learn faster, can learn everyday, make failures your milestone and move fast.
If you are deciding to dropout because of less percentage of marks in last qualifying exam do it. But do not sit idle for years instead go out and find things unknown to you. Learn faster, and find a sweet thing in which you can make your career.
College is not compulsory but a medium to teach you new things and show a way for life. If you are going to drop out or do away with college find a medium of learning.
It not matter where you hang your coat, but what matter is you have a coat to hang.
Jhulan Goswami making the news headlines in the sports media. Let's have a glimpse around her
1. She is the first woman cricketer to take 200 wicket in the One Day International.
2. Goswami achieved this fear while against South Africa at Kimberly's.
3. This was her 166th ODI.
4. Laura Wolvaardt became her 200th victim.
5. Jhulan Goswami is named ICC Women Cricketer of the Year 2007.
Everyone is not fortunate enough to get schooled from a top school in the world. Any big company that you dreamt of hire from well known schools. When a candidate not get admission in a top school he / she decides to settle for the less. Looking for a job that give you livelihood is not a bad idea but giving up is truly bad. You need to explore other ways to get job in your dream company without a degree from top school or no degree at all. You can do with generous efforts. Here are ways to get your dream job.
1. Every big company has a hiring page on its website. They know talent is everywhere. If you have real talent they will like to hire you.
2. Check for open positions in your area of interests. Know what they look for in a candidate for the said position.
3. May you have some skills but not all, right.
4. Find a training program to learn those skills.
5. Polish your skills by options for internship in any company that can offer you similar portfolio or where your skills can be used. Be open to do internship even without any pay.
6. Build insider connection through social media to know more about your dream company and hiring process.
7. Now is the time to apply. Send them application even if there is no open positions.
8. Write a powerful cover letter.
9. If you not get call for intervirw, followup, there will be vacancies anytime soon.
10. Seek help from hiring consultants probably a consultant will be able to schedule your interview with your dream company.
Do not give up. Giving up is easy follow up is effortless and fruitful.